This year APLAS will host a Student Research Competition where students can present posters. The Competition consists of three rounds:
- Extended Abstract: Participants submit an extended abstract outlining their research results. Please follow the submission requirements of posters.
- Poster Session: Based on the abstracts, a panel of judges will select the most promising entrants to participate in the poster session at APLAS. In the poster session, students will have the opportunity to present their work to the judges, who will select three finalists to advance to the next round.
- Presentation: The last round will consist of a short oral presentation at APLAS to compete for the final award.
Note: The student research competition is NOT a part of ACM SRC; The student participant must be the first author or the only author of the submission.
- Submission due: 21st September 2018 (Friday), 23:59 AoE
- Author Notification: 26th September 2018 (Wednesday)
- Conference: 3rd — 5th December 2018 (Monday – Wednesday)
David J. Pearce, Victoria University of Wellington